Jun 14, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
The Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in yesterday’s Congressional baseball game. Karl Rove and the people at Gallup still think the Republicans still have a chance, however.
Team Blue was paced by Rep. Cedric Richmond (D-LA), who tossed seven shutout innings. The Donkeys have won five straight. I’m sure they benefitted from their scouting program. Indeed, I hear their intelligence gathering is top notch. The Republicans, meanwhile, are far more geared for the Congressional football and basketball games where their keep away skills and ability to run out the clock are unsurpassed.
A recap of the game from CSNWashington.com:
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 15
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59