Jun 14, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
The Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in yesterday’s Congressional baseball game. Karl Rove and the people at Gallup still think the Republicans still have a chance, however.
Team Blue was paced by Rep. Cedric Richmond (D-LA), who tossed seven shutout innings. The Donkeys have won five straight. I’m sure they benefitted from their scouting program. Indeed, I hear their intelligence gathering is top notch. The Republicans, meanwhile, are far more geared for the Congressional football and basketball games where their keep away skills and ability to run out the clock are unsurpassed.
A recap of the game from CSNWashington.com:
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69