Jun 14, 2013, 3:52 PM EST
The Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in yesterday’s Congressional baseball game. Karl Rove and the people at Gallup still think the Republicans still have a chance, however.
Team Blue was paced by Rep. Cedric Richmond (D-LA), who tossed seven shutout innings. The Donkeys have won five straight. I’m sure they benefitted from their scouting program. Indeed, I hear their intelligence gathering is top notch. The Republicans, meanwhile, are far more geared for the Congressional football and basketball games where their keep away skills and ability to run out the clock are unsurpassed.
A recap of the game from CSNWashington.com:
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27