Jun 14, 2013, 3:52 PM EST
The Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in yesterday’s Congressional baseball game. Karl Rove and the people at Gallup still think the Republicans still have a chance, however.
Team Blue was paced by Rep. Cedric Richmond (D-LA), who tossed seven shutout innings. The Donkeys have won five straight. I’m sure they benefitted from their scouting program. Indeed, I hear their intelligence gathering is top notch. The Republicans, meanwhile, are far more geared for the Congressional football and basketball games where their keep away skills and ability to run out the clock are unsurpassed.
A recap of the game from CSNWashington.com:
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 23
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 29
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)