Jun 14, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Boston will get a player to be named later or cash in exchange for Ciriaco, who struggled offensively and committed a bunch of errors defensively this season after a solid 2012 in which he got the first regular playing time of his career at age 26.
San Diego wanted to add some veteran infield depth with Jedd Gyorko on the disabled list and Ciriaco is a career .287 hitter with a .713 OPS who’s played every position but catcher and pitcher in the majors.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)