Jun 14, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Boston will get a player to be named later or cash in exchange for Ciriaco, who struggled offensively and committed a bunch of errors defensively this season after a solid 2012 in which he got the first regular playing time of his career at age 26.
San Diego wanted to add some veteran infield depth with Jedd Gyorko on the disabled list and Ciriaco is a career .287 hitter with a .713 OPS who’s played every position but catcher and pitcher in the majors.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 35
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 48
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)