Jun 14, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Rutledge began the season as the Rockies’ starting second baseman, but was demoted to Triple-A in mid-May. He’s been playing mostly second base in the minors, but Rutledge has primarily been a shortstop in the past and subbed for an injured Tulowitzki last year.
Renck expects Rutledge to be the main fill-in for Tulowitzki again, noting that “he was told in spring training that he would return to shortstop if Tulowitzki was sideline for an extended period of time.” He’s a career .323 hitter in the minors, including .348 in 17 games at Triple-A this season, but the 24-year-old’s lack of plate discipline and modest power are potential weaknesses.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)