Jun 14, 2013, 1:45 PM EST
Garcia fared well filling in for Jackson, hitting .288 with two homers and a .778 OPS in 24 games, but at age 22 the Tigers obviously want him playing every day and apparently aren’t willing to bench Andy Dirks yet.
Jackson was off to a slow start before the injury, but if he’s healthy and playing like he did last season the Tigers’ offense will be even scarier.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 10
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 14
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 162
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (162)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)