Jun 14, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
Garcia fared well filling in for Jackson, hitting .288 with two homers and a .778 OPS in 24 games, but at age 22 the Tigers obviously want him playing every day and apparently aren’t willing to bench Andy Dirks yet.
Jackson was off to a slow start before the injury, but if he’s healthy and playing like he did last season the Tigers’ offense will be even scarier.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 1
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 33
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)