Jun 14, 2013, 8:55 PM EST
Yankees third baseman Kevin Youkilis played in all 18 innings of yesterday’s affair with the Oakland Athletics, then woke up this morning with numbness in his foot. As a result, the Yankees have placed him on the 15-day disabled list and will have him see a specialist over the weekend, per the YES Network.
Youkilis missed 30 games between the end of April and the end of May with a bulging disk. Signed to a one-year, $12 million contract during the off-season, he will have played in only 28 of 81 games (35%), assuming he misses the minimum amount of time.
In a handful of other moves, the Yankees optioned pitcher Adam Warren to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, moved utilityman Eduardo Nunez to the 60-day DL, and recalled outfielder Thomas Neal and pitcher Chris Bootcheck from Triple-A.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)