Jun 14, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Yankees third baseman Kevin Youkilis played in all 18 innings of yesterday’s affair with the Oakland Athletics, then woke up this morning with numbness in his foot. As a result, the Yankees have placed him on the 15-day disabled list and will have him see a specialist over the weekend, per the YES Network.
Youkilis missed 30 games between the end of April and the end of May with a bulging disk. Signed to a one-year, $12 million contract during the off-season, he will have played in only 28 of 81 games (35%), assuming he misses the minimum amount of time.
In a handful of other moves, the Yankees optioned pitcher Adam Warren to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, moved utilityman Eduardo Nunez to the 60-day DL, and recalled outfielder Thomas Neal and pitcher Chris Bootcheck from Triple-A.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (102)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)