Jun 14, 2013, 8:55 PM EST
Yankees third baseman Kevin Youkilis played in all 18 innings of yesterday’s affair with the Oakland Athletics, then woke up this morning with numbness in his foot. As a result, the Yankees have placed him on the 15-day disabled list and will have him see a specialist over the weekend, per the YES Network.
Youkilis missed 30 games between the end of April and the end of May with a bulging disk. Signed to a one-year, $12 million contract during the off-season, he will have played in only 28 of 81 games (35%), assuming he misses the minimum amount of time.
In a handful of other moves, the Yankees optioned pitcher Adam Warren to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, moved utilityman Eduardo Nunez to the 60-day DL, and recalled outfielder Thomas Neal and pitcher Chris Bootcheck from Triple-A.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)