Jun 15, 2013, 12:15 AM EST
White Sox starter struck out 14 Astros over eight innings tonight, but ended up a tough-luck loser as his team fell 2-1. Sale allowed the first run without allowing a hit (bookended by Alexei Ramirez errors) and the second on an infield single. The Astros managed just five hits (all singles) and a walk off Sale.
As usual, ESPN Stats & Info tweeted the relevant trivia:
— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) June 15, 2013
Despite the loss, the 24-year-old Sale lowered his ERA to 2.43, following up a breakout campaign last year in which he finished sixth in AL Cy Young balloting.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)