Jun 15, 2013, 8:25 PM EDT
Though they can proudly say they aren’t as bad as the Marlins, not much has gone right in Queens for the Mets. First baseman Ike Davis has been a disaster. Shortstop Ruben Tejada hasn’t hit. They lack a real center fielder. The rotation after Matt Harvey has been a mess.
After their latest loss to the Cubs this afternoon, David Wright said, “Nobody’s having any fun right now. It’s not fun to come to the park and lose and lose in the fashion that we’re losing.” That quote comes from ESPN’s Adam Rubin.
The Mets are hoping to get a boost when top prospect Zack Wheeler makes his MLB debut on Tuesday. But other than that, it might not be until 2014 at the earliest that Wright will have fun coming to the park. The Mets do have a few prospects worth keeping an eye on, including Rafael Montero who was recently promoted, so there is hope on the horizon.
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 5
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 61
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 17
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 7
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 60
- World Series, Game 7: Giants vs. Royals lineups 3
- Remembering World Series Game 7s of the past 30 years 30
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (145)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)