Jun 15, 2013, 8:25 PM EDT
Though they can proudly say they aren’t as bad as the Marlins, not much has gone right in Queens for the Mets. First baseman Ike Davis has been a disaster. Shortstop Ruben Tejada hasn’t hit. They lack a real center fielder. The rotation after Matt Harvey has been a mess.
After their latest loss to the Cubs this afternoon, David Wright said, “Nobody’s having any fun right now. It’s not fun to come to the park and lose and lose in the fashion that we’re losing.” That quote comes from ESPN’s Adam Rubin.
The Mets are hoping to get a boost when top prospect Zack Wheeler makes his MLB debut on Tuesday. But other than that, it might not be until 2014 at the earliest that Wright will have fun coming to the park. The Mets do have a few prospects worth keeping an eye on, including Rafael Montero who was recently promoted, so there is hope on the horizon.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)