Jun 15, 2013, 8:25 PM EDT
Though they can proudly say they aren’t as bad as the Marlins, not much has gone right in Queens for the Mets. First baseman Ike Davis has been a disaster. Shortstop Ruben Tejada hasn’t hit. They lack a real center fielder. The rotation after Matt Harvey has been a mess.
After their latest loss to the Cubs this afternoon, David Wright said, “Nobody’s having any fun right now. It’s not fun to come to the park and lose and lose in the fashion that we’re losing.” That quote comes from ESPN’s Adam Rubin.
The Mets are hoping to get a boost when top prospect Zack Wheeler makes his MLB debut on Tuesday. But other than that, it might not be until 2014 at the earliest that Wright will have fun coming to the park. The Mets do have a few prospects worth keeping an eye on, including Rafael Montero who was recently promoted, so there is hope on the horizon.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20