Jun 15, 2013, 8:25 PM EDT
Though they can proudly say they aren’t as bad as the Marlins, not much has gone right in Queens for the Mets. First baseman Ike Davis has been a disaster. Shortstop Ruben Tejada hasn’t hit. They lack a real center fielder. The rotation after Matt Harvey has been a mess.
After their latest loss to the Cubs this afternoon, David Wright said, “Nobody’s having any fun right now. It’s not fun to come to the park and lose and lose in the fashion that we’re losing.” That quote comes from ESPN’s Adam Rubin.
The Mets are hoping to get a boost when top prospect Zack Wheeler makes his MLB debut on Tuesday. But other than that, it might not be until 2014 at the earliest that Wright will have fun coming to the park. The Mets do have a few prospects worth keeping an eye on, including Rafael Montero who was recently promoted, so there is hope on the horizon.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)