Jun 15, 2013, 8:25 PM EST
Though they can proudly say they aren’t as bad as the Marlins, not much has gone right in Queens for the Mets. First baseman Ike Davis has been a disaster. Shortstop Ruben Tejada hasn’t hit. They lack a real center fielder. The rotation after Matt Harvey has been a mess.
After their latest loss to the Cubs this afternoon, David Wright said, “Nobody’s having any fun right now. It’s not fun to come to the park and lose and lose in the fashion that we’re losing.” That quote comes from ESPN’s Adam Rubin.
The Mets are hoping to get a boost when top prospect Zack Wheeler makes his MLB debut on Tuesday. But other than that, it might not be until 2014 at the earliest that Wright will have fun coming to the park. The Mets do have a few prospects worth keeping an eye on, including Rafael Montero who was recently promoted, so there is hope on the horizon.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 10
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 71
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 140
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (140)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)