Jun 15, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
Frazier, a high school outfielder out of Georgia, was selected fifth overall in last week’s First-Year Player Draft. He’s set to receive a $3.5 million bonus, which is a little under MLB’s assigned value of $3.787 million for the pick. So the Indians can now use the savings to secure some of their other draft picks.
Frazier confirmed news of the signing on his Twitter account last night.
With his bat speed and power potential from the right side of the plate, Frazier was considered by many to be the top high school bat in this year’s draft class. He’s obviously a long way from making an impact in Cleveland, but some think he has a chance to stick in center field.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)