Jun 15, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
Frazier, a high school outfielder out of Georgia, was selected fifth overall in last week’s First-Year Player Draft. He’s set to receive a $3.5 million bonus, which is a little under MLB’s assigned value of $3.787 million for the pick. So the Indians can now use the savings to secure some of their other draft picks.
Frazier confirmed news of the signing on his Twitter account last night.
With his bat speed and power potential from the right side of the plate, Frazier was considered by many to be the top high school bat in this year’s draft class. He’s obviously a long way from making an impact in Cleveland, but some think he has a chance to stick in center field.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)