Jun 15, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira left tonight’s game against the Angels with a wrist injury. He was replaced at first by David Adams in the bottom of the fourth. During a live interview on the FOX broadcast, manager Joe Girardi said that “he doesn’t have the snap in his swing“.
Teixeira missed the first two months of the season due to a partially torn tendon sheath in the same wrist. Since returning on May 31, he entered tonight’s game hitting just .157 with a .632 OPS. Girardi also said Teixeira will sit out tomorrow’s game at least.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 7
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (214)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)