Jun 15, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira left tonight’s game against the Angels with a wrist injury. He was replaced at first by David Adams in the bottom of the fourth. During a live interview on the FOX broadcast, manager Joe Girardi said that “he doesn’t have the snap in his swing“.
Teixeira missed the first two months of the season due to a partially torn tendon sheath in the same wrist. Since returning on May 31, he entered tonight’s game hitting just .157 with a .632 OPS. Girardi also said Teixeira will sit out tomorrow’s game at least.
- Not so fast! Dodgers-Marlins trade for Mat Latos “could be falling apart” 42
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 27
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 42
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 52
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)