Jun 15, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira left tonight’s game against the Angels with a wrist injury. He was replaced at first by David Adams in the bottom of the fourth. During a live interview on the FOX broadcast, manager Joe Girardi said that “he doesn’t have the snap in his swing“.
Teixeira missed the first two months of the season due to a partially torn tendon sheath in the same wrist. Since returning on May 31, he entered tonight’s game hitting just .157 with a .632 OPS. Girardi also said Teixeira will sit out tomorrow’s game at least.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 0
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 9
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 9
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 77
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)