Jun 15, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira left tonight’s game against the Angels with a wrist injury. He was replaced at first by David Adams in the bottom of the fourth. During a live interview on the FOX broadcast, manager Joe Girardi said that “he doesn’t have the snap in his swing“.
Teixeira missed the first two months of the season due to a partially torn tendon sheath in the same wrist. Since returning on May 31, he entered tonight’s game hitting just .157 with a .632 OPS. Girardi also said Teixeira will sit out tomorrow’s game at least.
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 0
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 15
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)