Jun 15, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira left tonight’s game against the Angels with a wrist injury. He was replaced at first by David Adams in the bottom of the fourth. During a live interview on the FOX broadcast, manager Joe Girardi said that “he doesn’t have the snap in his swing“.
Teixeira missed the first two months of the season due to a partially torn tendon sheath in the same wrist. Since returning on May 31, he entered tonight’s game hitting just .157 with a .632 OPS. Girardi also said Teixeira will sit out tomorrow’s game at least.
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 8
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 15
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)