Jun 15, 2013, 10:35 PM EST
Braves starter Brandon Beachy, hoping to return to the team after a year-long recuperation from Tommy John surgery, suffered a setback after his last rehab outing. Beachy was reported to have felt mild tenderness in his elbow, so the Braves scheduled him for an MRI. The results are in, and Beachy’s elbow shows on structural damage, reports Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
There was mild inflammation and some fluid build-up in the elbow, so Beachy will be sidelined until that improves, but the team views it as only a minor setback. The Braves were hoping he would be ready to be activated in time for Tuesday’s double-header against the Mets, but will instead have to scramble to find another substitute.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)