Jun 15, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
Braves starter Brandon Beachy, hoping to return to the team after a year-long recuperation from Tommy John surgery, suffered a setback after his last rehab outing. Beachy was reported to have felt mild tenderness in his elbow, so the Braves scheduled him for an MRI. The results are in, and Beachy’s elbow shows on structural damage, reports Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
There was mild inflammation and some fluid build-up in the elbow, so Beachy will be sidelined until that improves, but the team views it as only a minor setback. The Braves were hoping he would be ready to be activated in time for Tuesday’s double-header against the Mets, but will instead have to scramble to find another substitute.
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 8
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 18
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 35
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 18
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)