Jun 15, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
Braves starter Brandon Beachy, hoping to return to the team after a year-long recuperation from Tommy John surgery, suffered a setback after his last rehab outing. Beachy was reported to have felt mild tenderness in his elbow, so the Braves scheduled him for an MRI. The results are in, and Beachy’s elbow shows on structural damage, reports Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
There was mild inflammation and some fluid build-up in the elbow, so Beachy will be sidelined until that improves, but the team views it as only a minor setback. The Braves were hoping he would be ready to be activated in time for Tuesday’s double-header against the Mets, but will instead have to scramble to find another substitute.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 23
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 35
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 41
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)