Jun 15, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
Braves starter Brandon Beachy, hoping to return to the team after a year-long recuperation from Tommy John surgery, suffered a setback after his last rehab outing. Beachy was reported to have felt mild tenderness in his elbow, so the Braves scheduled him for an MRI. The results are in, and Beachy’s elbow shows on structural damage, reports Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
There was mild inflammation and some fluid build-up in the elbow, so Beachy will be sidelined until that improves, but the team views it as only a minor setback. The Braves were hoping he would be ready to be activated in time for Tuesday’s double-header against the Mets, but will instead have to scramble to find another substitute.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)