Jun 15, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
Braves starter Brandon Beachy, hoping to return to the team after a year-long recuperation from Tommy John surgery, suffered a setback after his last rehab outing. Beachy was reported to have felt mild tenderness in his elbow, so the Braves scheduled him for an MRI. The results are in, and Beachy’s elbow shows on structural damage, reports Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
There was mild inflammation and some fluid build-up in the elbow, so Beachy will be sidelined until that improves, but the team views it as only a minor setback. The Braves were hoping he would be ready to be activated in time for Tuesday’s double-header against the Mets, but will instead have to scramble to find another substitute.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 5
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)