Jun 15, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado made a heck of a play on a Jonathan Pettibone grounder in the second inning of today’s game against the Phillies. Pettibone chopped the ball down the third base line. Arenado, who was playing in and off the line, dove to his right and snagged the ball when it was behind his body. Somehow, in the span of about a second, he was able to sit upright and fire across the diamond to get the out at first base. Jordan Pacheco helped out with a very nice scoop on the low throw.
The 22-year-old Arenado also went 3-for-5 with a pair of runs batted in as the Rockies went on to win 10-5.
Jun 3, 2015, 12:10 PM EDT
Braun has hit .293 with seven homers and a .972 OPS in his last 25 games
Jun 3, 2015, 10:10 AM EDT
Noah Syndergaard stays in the rotation.
Jun 3, 2015, 9:44 AM EDT
De Aza was designated for assignment by Baltimore last week.
Jun 3, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
He has a history of such things.
Jun 3, 2015, 9:10 AM EDT
Next up on the list is Mickey Mantle with 536.
Jun 3, 2015, 8:45 AM EDT
Byrd had an eight-homer May after hitting just .169 in April.
Jun 3, 2015, 7:03 AM EDT
Everybody got a piece of Lloyd McClendon’s mind last night.
Jun 2, 2015, 11:59 PM EDT
Some positive news here for the Diamondbacks …
Jun 2, 2015, 11:12 PM EDT
Veteran right-hander Justin Verlander was hoping to join the Tigers after making just one minor league rehab start, but he got shelled for three runs on six hits and two walks Sunday in a …
Jun 2, 2015, 10:36 PM EDT
Matt Holliday had reached base in 45 straight games to open the 2015 season — both a National League and Cardinals franchise record.
Jun 2, 2015, 9:41 PM EDT
Cubs right fielder Jorge Soler is absent from the starting lineup Tuesday night against the Marlins because of an ankle injury that he suffered late Monday while running out a ball to first base.
Jun 2, 2015, 9:24 PM EDT
Gallo registered a pair of 40-homer seasons in the minor leagues and is now having an immediate impact as Adrian Beltre’s temporary fill-in at third base.
Jun 2, 2015, 8:57 PM EDT
Rangers third base prospect Joey Gallo is making his major league debut on Tuesday night at Globe Life Park and smacked a two-run single in his first major league plate appearance …
Jun 2, 2015, 8:03 PM EDT
Hamilton entered play Tuesday night with a weak .223 batting average and .262 on-base percentage, but his defense has remained excellent.
Jun 2, 2015, 7:18 PM EDT
Alonso is starting at first base and batting fifth for the Friars on Tuesday night against the visiting Mets. It will be his first major league game since May 7.
Jun 2, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
Athletics left-hander Scott Kazmir had to make an early exit from a start last Wednesday against the Tigers after experiencing tightness in his throwing shoulder, but he made it through a …
Jun 2, 2015, 5:13 PM EDT
Could this be a preview of a more permanent move?
Jun 2, 2015, 5:03 PM EDT
Gerardo Parra will be an everyday player with Davis out.
Jun 2, 2015, 4:33 PM EDT
Sometimes you watch the outfielders to see if the ball is going out. Sometimes that doesn’t work.
Jun 2, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
Hamilton has played seven games in his return to the Rangers.
- Red Sox acquire Alejandro De Aza from Orioles 10
- Video: Lloyd McClendon got ejected, threw another tantrum 11
- Albert Pujols ties Jimmie Foxx on the all-time home run list 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 93
- Matt Holliday’s historical on-base streak ends with ejection 77
- Video: Joey Gallo goes way deep in second MLB at-bat 13
- Video: Joey Gallo’s first career plate appearance in the major leagues results in two runs scoring 8
- Scott Kazmir cleared to return to A’s rotation Friday 0
- Stan Hack didn’t hack and other inappropriate baseball names (185)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (150)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (133)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (106)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)