Jun 16, 2013, 7:25 PM EST
Giants outfielder Angel Pagan, on the shelf since May 26 with a strained left hamstring,was told by the team that surgery was an option, but Pagan declined, per CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly. Instead, Pagan received a platelet-rich plasma injection. He says he still feels pain, but expects to go on a rehab assignment in the near future as he works his way back into playing shape.
When Pagan was placed on the DL, he was hitting .262 with a .688 OPS and had stolen only six bases in ten attempts. In his place in center field, the Giants have been using Gregor Blanco, who has caught fire as of late. Since June 4, Blanco is hitting .406.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)