Jun 16, 2013, 12:10 PM EDT
Brewers senior director of media relations Mike Vassallo reports that starting pitcher Mike Fiers suffered a broken right forearm Saturday at Triple-A Nashville when he was hit by a Kevin Kouzmanoff line drive. Kouzmanoff was (or is) playing for the Marlins’ Triple-A affiliate based in New Orleans.
Fiers will be sidelined for at least the next 9-12 weeks. It’s unfortunate timing given that he has registered a promising 2.20 ERA and 30/12 K/BB ratio in 28 2/3 innings (five starts) this year at the Triple-A level and probably would have been given another shot soon in the major league rotation.
Fiers posted a 3.74 ERA, 1.26 WHIP and 135/36 K/BB ratio in 127 innings for Milwaukee in 2012.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)