Jun 16, 2013, 5:13 PM EDT
According to beat writer Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger, the Yankees first baseman underwent an MRI on Sunday morning back in New York City that showed no new structural damage in the wrist. Teixeira only has mild inflammation, which was treated immediately with a cortisone shot.
The Yankees will head home from Anaheim this evening and are set to open a two-game interleague series against the Dodgers on Tuesday night after Monday’s team off day. Teixeira is highly likely to miss that series with L.A. but the hope is that he won’t require a stint on the 15-day disabled list.
The 33-year-old is batting .151/.270/.340 since his return to the Yankees on May 31.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)