Jun 16, 2013, 5:13 PM EST
According to beat writer Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger, the Yankees first baseman underwent an MRI on Sunday morning back in New York City that showed no new structural damage in the wrist. Teixeira only has mild inflammation, which was treated immediately with a cortisone shot.
The Yankees will head home from Anaheim this evening and are set to open a two-game interleague series against the Dodgers on Tuesday night after Monday’s team off day. Teixeira is highly likely to miss that series with L.A. but the hope is that he won’t require a stint on the 15-day disabled list.
The 33-year-old is batting .151/.270/.340 since his return to the Yankees on May 31.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)