Jun 16, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT
From beat writer James Wagner of the Washington Post comes word that the Nationals have, as scheduled, activated ace right-hander Stephen Strasburg from the 15-day disabled list. Strasburg will return to the Nats’ starting rotation on Sunday afternoon to face the Indians after sitting out the past two-plus weeks due to a mild (Grade 1) lat strain.
Strasburg owns a cool 2.54 ERA and 1.06 WHIP through 12 starts this season. The 24-year-old has fanned a total of 73 batters in 74 1/3 innings.
Washington enters play Sunday with a 34-33 record, good for second place in the National League East.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 54
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)