Jun 16, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT
From beat writer James Wagner of the Washington Post comes word that the Nationals have, as scheduled, activated ace right-hander Stephen Strasburg from the 15-day disabled list. Strasburg will return to the Nats’ starting rotation on Sunday afternoon to face the Indians after sitting out the past two-plus weeks due to a mild (Grade 1) lat strain.
Strasburg owns a cool 2.54 ERA and 1.06 WHIP through 12 starts this season. The 24-year-old has fanned a total of 73 batters in 74 1/3 innings.
Washington enters play Sunday with a 34-33 record, good for second place in the National League East.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)