Jun 16, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Exciting news for Rays fans:
Wil Myers is expected to be called up from Durham on Tuesday. Ryan Roberts will be optioned to Triple-A.
— Adam Berry (@adamdberry) June 16, 2013
Myers was pulled during Durham’s game with Indianapolis and is expected to join the Rays in Boston on Tuesday for the team’s day/night double-header. The Rays enjoy an off-day tomorrow.
Myers, 22 years old, had hit 14 home runs with an .868 OPS in 288 plate appearances with the Bulls entering today’s game.
In a related move, infielder Ryan Roberts was optioned to Triple-A.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 11
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 2
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)