Jun 16, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Torii Hunter had 192 homers in his 11 years with the Twins, 105 home runs in his five years with the Angels and he now has three home runs in his first year with the Tigers. That makes 300 career homers, which is a somewhat exclusive club. Hunter, who turns 38 years old in July, is just its 136th member.
MLB.com has video of Hunter hitting the milestone blast at Minnesota’s Target Field, where he never played a game as a member of the Twins but still has many fans. The veteran outfielder entered play Sunday batting .290/.340/.391 with 34 runs scored and 24 RBI in 59 games. He signed a two-year, $26 million free agent contract with the Tigers this winter.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)