Jun 17, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Carlos Ruiz began a minor-league rehab assignment over the weekend at Triple-A, going 1-for-3 while playing seven innings behind the plate Sunday as he comes back from a hamstring injury.
Asked about his recovery timetable, Phillies manager Charlie Manuel told Owen Perkins of MLB.com: “He’ll be there about four or five days.” Ruiz has been out since May 19, so he’ll end up missing more than a month with the injury in addition to sitting out the first 25 games of the season on a suspension.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)