Jun 17, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Carlos Ruiz began a minor-league rehab assignment over the weekend at Triple-A, going 1-for-3 while playing seven innings behind the plate Sunday as he comes back from a hamstring injury.
Asked about his recovery timetable, Phillies manager Charlie Manuel told Owen Perkins of MLB.com: “He’ll be there about four or five days.” Ruiz has been out since May 19, so he’ll end up missing more than a month with the injury in addition to sitting out the first 25 games of the season on a suspension.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 39
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 49
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 72
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 49
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 93
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (103)