Jun 17, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Carlos Ruiz began a minor-league rehab assignment over the weekend at Triple-A, going 1-for-3 while playing seven innings behind the plate Sunday as he comes back from a hamstring injury.
Asked about his recovery timetable, Phillies manager Charlie Manuel told Owen Perkins of MLB.com: “He’ll be there about four or five days.” Ruiz has been out since May 19, so he’ll end up missing more than a month with the injury in addition to sitting out the first 25 games of the season on a suspension.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)