Jun 17, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Carlos Ruiz began a minor-league rehab assignment over the weekend at Triple-A, going 1-for-3 while playing seven innings behind the plate Sunday as he comes back from a hamstring injury.
Asked about his recovery timetable, Phillies manager Charlie Manuel told Owen Perkins of MLB.com: “He’ll be there about four or five days.” Ruiz has been out since May 19, so he’ll end up missing more than a month with the injury in addition to sitting out the first 25 games of the season on a suspension.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 9
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 64
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 70
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (147)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)