Jun 17, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT
After a skipped start due to shoulder soreness, Anibal Sanchez was taken out of Saturday night’s game against the Twins after three and two-thirds innings due to more shoulder trouble. His skipper is concerned, reports John Lowe of the Detroit Free Press.
In words Leyland actually said “we’ll see how it goes,” but Lowe says it’s kind of a vibe thing in that he didn’t sound too concerned on Saturday night but did so more on Sunday.
Until this rough patch Sanchez had been enjoying the best year of his career. He’s 6-5 with a 2.76 ERA and is striking out 11.1 batters per nine while only walking 2.5.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 0
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 54
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)