Jun 17, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT
After a skipped start due to shoulder soreness, Anibal Sanchez was taken out of Saturday night’s game against the Twins after three and two-thirds innings due to more shoulder trouble. His skipper is concerned, reports John Lowe of the Detroit Free Press.
In words Leyland actually said “we’ll see how it goes,” but Lowe says it’s kind of a vibe thing in that he didn’t sound too concerned on Saturday night but did so more on Sunday.
Until this rough patch Sanchez had been enjoying the best year of his career. He’s 6-5 with a 2.76 ERA and is striking out 11.1 batters per nine while only walking 2.5.
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 1
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)