Jun 17, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT
After a skipped start due to shoulder soreness, Anibal Sanchez was taken out of Saturday night’s game against the Twins after three and two-thirds innings due to more shoulder trouble. His skipper is concerned, reports John Lowe of the Detroit Free Press.
In words Leyland actually said “we’ll see how it goes,” but Lowe says it’s kind of a vibe thing in that he didn’t sound too concerned on Saturday night but did so more on Sunday.
Until this rough patch Sanchez had been enjoying the best year of his career. He’s 6-5 with a 2.76 ERA and is striking out 11.1 batters per nine while only walking 2.5.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 81
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 125
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)