Jun 17, 2013, 9:43 AM EST
After a skipped start due to shoulder soreness, Anibal Sanchez was taken out of Saturday night’s game against the Twins after three and two-thirds innings due to more shoulder trouble. His skipper is concerned, reports John Lowe of the Detroit Free Press.
In words Leyland actually said “we’ll see how it goes,” but Lowe says it’s kind of a vibe thing in that he didn’t sound too concerned on Saturday night but did so more on Sunday.
Until this rough patch Sanchez had been enjoying the best year of his career. He’s 6-5 with a 2.76 ERA and is striking out 11.1 batters per nine while only walking 2.5.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)