Jun 17, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT
After a skipped start due to shoulder soreness, Anibal Sanchez was taken out of Saturday night’s game against the Twins after three and two-thirds innings due to more shoulder trouble. His skipper is concerned, reports John Lowe of the Detroit Free Press.
In words Leyland actually said “we’ll see how it goes,” but Lowe says it’s kind of a vibe thing in that he didn’t sound too concerned on Saturday night but did so more on Sunday.
Until this rough patch Sanchez had been enjoying the best year of his career. He’s 6-5 with a 2.76 ERA and is striking out 11.1 batters per nine while only walking 2.5.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)