Jun 17, 2013, 7:18 PM EDT
Reyes, who suffered a severe sprain of his left ankle back on April 12, is slated to play 4-5 innings in his return to game action. He’ll move on to another minor league affiliate from here, but the hope is that he’ll be ready to rejoin the Blue Jays before the end of the month.
As for Morrow, he’s making his way back from a right forearm strain suffered in an abbreviated start back on May 28. The Blue Jays plan to have him throw 45-50 pitches tonight, so he’ll require at least one more rehab start before coming off the disabled list. Still, if all goes well, that sets him up for a return later this month.
Winners of five straight, the Blue Jays currently sit at 32-36 on the season. While they dug themselves a pretty big hole early on, they are quickly gaining some ground in the hyper-competitive American League East. Getting a healthy Reyes and Morrow back should help their cause.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)