Jun 17, 2013, 7:18 PM EDT
Reyes, who suffered a severe sprain of his left ankle back on April 12, is slated to play 4-5 innings in his return to game action. He’ll move on to another minor league affiliate from here, but the hope is that he’ll be ready to rejoin the Blue Jays before the end of the month.
As for Morrow, he’s making his way back from a right forearm strain suffered in an abbreviated start back on May 28. The Blue Jays plan to have him throw 45-50 pitches tonight, so he’ll require at least one more rehab start before coming off the disabled list. Still, if all goes well, that sets him up for a return later this month.
Winners of five straight, the Blue Jays currently sit at 32-36 on the season. While they dug themselves a pretty big hole early on, they are quickly gaining some ground in the hyper-competitive American League East. Getting a healthy Reyes and Morrow back should help their cause.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)