Jun 17, 2013, 7:18 PM EDT
Reyes, who suffered a severe sprain of his left ankle back on April 12, is slated to play 4-5 innings in his return to game action. He’ll move on to another minor league affiliate from here, but the hope is that he’ll be ready to rejoin the Blue Jays before the end of the month.
As for Morrow, he’s making his way back from a right forearm strain suffered in an abbreviated start back on May 28. The Blue Jays plan to have him throw 45-50 pitches tonight, so he’ll require at least one more rehab start before coming off the disabled list. Still, if all goes well, that sets him up for a return later this month.
Winners of five straight, the Blue Jays currently sit at 32-36 on the season. While they dug themselves a pretty big hole early on, they are quickly gaining some ground in the hyper-competitive American League East. Getting a healthy Reyes and Morrow back should help their cause.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 3
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 81
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 59
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)