Jun 17, 2013, 7:18 PM EDT
Reyes, who suffered a severe sprain of his left ankle back on April 12, is slated to play 4-5 innings in his return to game action. He’ll move on to another minor league affiliate from here, but the hope is that he’ll be ready to rejoin the Blue Jays before the end of the month.
As for Morrow, he’s making his way back from a right forearm strain suffered in an abbreviated start back on May 28. The Blue Jays plan to have him throw 45-50 pitches tonight, so he’ll require at least one more rehab start before coming off the disabled list. Still, if all goes well, that sets him up for a return later this month.
Winners of five straight, the Blue Jays currently sit at 32-36 on the season. While they dug themselves a pretty big hole early on, they are quickly gaining some ground in the hyper-competitive American League East. Getting a healthy Reyes and Morrow back should help their cause.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 39
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)