Jun 17, 2013, 7:18 PM EDT
Reyes, who suffered a severe sprain of his left ankle back on April 12, is slated to play 4-5 innings in his return to game action. He’ll move on to another minor league affiliate from here, but the hope is that he’ll be ready to rejoin the Blue Jays before the end of the month.
As for Morrow, he’s making his way back from a right forearm strain suffered in an abbreviated start back on May 28. The Blue Jays plan to have him throw 45-50 pitches tonight, so he’ll require at least one more rehab start before coming off the disabled list. Still, if all goes well, that sets him up for a return later this month.
Winners of five straight, the Blue Jays currently sit at 32-36 on the season. While they dug themselves a pretty big hole early on, they are quickly gaining some ground in the hyper-competitive American League East. Getting a healthy Reyes and Morrow back should help their cause.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (259)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)