Jun 17, 2013, 7:18 PM EDT
Reyes, who suffered a severe sprain of his left ankle back on April 12, is slated to play 4-5 innings in his return to game action. He’ll move on to another minor league affiliate from here, but the hope is that he’ll be ready to rejoin the Blue Jays before the end of the month.
As for Morrow, he’s making his way back from a right forearm strain suffered in an abbreviated start back on May 28. The Blue Jays plan to have him throw 45-50 pitches tonight, so he’ll require at least one more rehab start before coming off the disabled list. Still, if all goes well, that sets him up for a return later this month.
Winners of five straight, the Blue Jays currently sit at 32-36 on the season. While they dug themselves a pretty big hole early on, they are quickly gaining some ground in the hyper-competitive American League East. Getting a healthy Reyes and Morrow back should help their cause.
Sep 18, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
When you’re mocked by the auto-complete function, you’re pretty much mocked by everything.
Sep 18, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Wade LeBlanc is taking his place, but don’t worry.
Sep 18, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Perez had a sub-2.00 ERA before recent problems.
Sep 18, 2014, 4:02 PM EDT
It’s like it’s happening in slow motion and every A’s fan is yelling “nnnnnoooooooo!”
Sep 18, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Pedro Florimon is not a starting-caliber shortstop because he can’t hit, but his defense is good enough to make him a decent utility man at age 27.
Sep 18, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
In pinstripes no less.
Sep 18, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
The only thing more painful than hitting rock bottom is thinking you’ve hit it, only to find out there’s still more room to sink.
Sep 18, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Ron Washington asked for forgiveness. He also raised more questions than he answered.
Sep 18, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Among all American League hitters with at least 350 plate appearances this season Pearce ranks ranks fourth in OPS, behind only Mike Trout, Jose Abreu, and Victor Martinez.
Sep 18, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
“You support them until you don’t support them.”
Sep 18, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
The Angels won their division in spite of all of those big free agent signings, not because of them.
Sep 18, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
After a strong first half Alex Rios has been injured and ineffective in the second half.
Sep 18, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
There will be no more famous players.
Sep 18, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
The game of minor league musical chairs continues.
Sep 18, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
A revealing interview of a pretty complicated dude.
Sep 18, 2014, 10:40 AM EDT
It was sudden and unexpected. Today, presumably, Ron Washington’s resignation will be explained.
Sep 18, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
Because it shows us what Jeter means to real fans. It doesn’t tell us all what we’re supposed to feel.
Sep 18, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
And he needed only 98 pitches to do it.
Sep 18, 2014, 9:12 AM EDT
The Angels beat the Mariners 5-0 on Wednesday night in Anaheim but had to wait a while to watch the A’s blow a ninth-inning lead against the Rangers before they could officially celebrate their clinching of the American League West championship. And several thousand Angels fans waited too. MLB.com has the video …
Sep 18, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
He pushes the Cardinals one step closer to the NL Central title. And pushes the fading Brewers another game back.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 53
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)