Jun 17, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
Not so long ago Mark Teahen was a big-league regular and he’s still just 31 years old, but he hasn’t been in the majors since 2011 and this year he’s bounced around, being released from Triple-A by both the Diamondbacks and Rangers along with having an agreed-upon trade to the Reds nullified.
And now he’s headed to independent ball, with Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reporting that Teahen has agreed to a deal with the York Revolution of the Atlantic League.
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 20
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)