Jun 17, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Not so long ago Mark Teahen was a big-league regular and he’s still just 31 years old, but he hasn’t been in the majors since 2011 and this year he’s bounced around, being released from Triple-A by both the Diamondbacks and Rangers along with having an agreed-upon trade to the Reds nullified.
And now he’s headed to independent ball, with Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reporting that Teahen has agreed to a deal with the York Revolution of the Atlantic League.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 2
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 15
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 43
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 32
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)