Jun 17, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Not so long ago Mark Teahen was a big-league regular and he’s still just 31 years old, but he hasn’t been in the majors since 2011 and this year he’s bounced around, being released from Triple-A by both the Diamondbacks and Rangers along with having an agreed-upon trade to the Reds nullified.
And now he’s headed to independent ball, with Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reporting that Teahen has agreed to a deal with the York Revolution of the Atlantic League.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)