Jun 17, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
Not so long ago Mark Teahen was a big-league regular and he’s still just 31 years old, but he hasn’t been in the majors since 2011 and this year he’s bounced around, being released from Triple-A by both the Diamondbacks and Rangers along with having an agreed-upon trade to the Reds nullified.
And now he’s headed to independent ball, with Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reporting that Teahen has agreed to a deal with the York Revolution of the Atlantic League.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 0
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 31
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 12
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 43
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 133
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (136)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)