Jun 17, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
There’s no official word yet, but Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told reporters this afternoon that he’s “personally leaning” toward putting Mark Teixeira on the disabled list due to more problems with the first baseman’s right wrist.
Teixeira missed the first two months of the season with a wrist injury suffered during the World Baseball Classic, but an MRI exam showed no new damage and he’s been diagnosed with inflammation.
In between the DL stint and this new setback Teixeira played 15 games for the Yankees, hitting .151 with three homers and a .609 OPS while striking out 19 times.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 9
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 17
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 79
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 54
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (79)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)