Jun 17, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
There’s no official word yet, but Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told reporters this afternoon that he’s “personally leaning” toward putting Mark Teixeira on the disabled list due to more problems with the first baseman’s right wrist.
Teixeira missed the first two months of the season with a wrist injury suffered during the World Baseball Classic, but an MRI exam showed no new damage and he’s been diagnosed with inflammation.
In between the DL stint and this new setback Teixeira played 15 games for the Yankees, hitting .151 with three homers and a .609 OPS while striking out 19 times.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (155)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (89)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (76)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)