Jun 17, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
There’s no official word yet, but Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told reporters this afternoon that he’s “personally leaning” toward putting Mark Teixeira on the disabled list due to more problems with the first baseman’s right wrist.
Teixeira missed the first two months of the season with a wrist injury suffered during the World Baseball Classic, but an MRI exam showed no new damage and he’s been diagnosed with inflammation.
In between the DL stint and this new setback Teixeira played 15 games for the Yankees, hitting .151 with three homers and a .609 OPS while striking out 19 times.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 8
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)