Jun 17, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
There’s no official word yet, but Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told reporters this afternoon that he’s “personally leaning” toward putting Mark Teixeira on the disabled list due to more problems with the first baseman’s right wrist.
Teixeira missed the first two months of the season with a wrist injury suffered during the World Baseball Classic, but an MRI exam showed no new damage and he’s been diagnosed with inflammation.
In between the DL stint and this new setback Teixeira played 15 games for the Yankees, hitting .151 with three homers and a .609 OPS while striking out 19 times.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)