Jun 17, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
After both clubhouses and the umpires’ lockeroom at O.Co Coliseum were flooded with raw sewage yesterday, Athletics owner Lew Wolff responded by saying that the facility “is in perhaps the worst shape in all of professional sports.” The Athletics have needed a new home for quite a while, but their efforts to move to San Jose have been blocked by the Giants due to a territorial rights issue. With no resolution in sight, MLB released a statement this afternoon in response to yesterday’s events, per Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle.
Of course, given that MLB has been dragging its feet on this issue for years now, it would be hard to blame A’s fans who are skeptical that anything will get done in the near future. If history is any indication, the next step will include Bud Selig forming an exploratory committee to determine what went wrong with the pipes at the Coliseum.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)