Nick Swisher may hit the disabled list soon

Jun 17, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT

swisher getty Getty Images

Nick Swisher is mired in a 6-for-55 slump, and a reason for it may very well be the nagging shoulder injury he’s had all year. He aggravated it on Saturday, and now he may be heading to the DL. Swisher, talking to Paul Hoynes of the Plain Dealer:

“I’ve been battling this shoulder thing the whole year. It’s super frustrating for me because I’ve never had something like this. Either way, we have to figure out what is going on and then we will go from there … “I just don’t feel I have the thump in my swing. Whatever decision we make tomorrow, we are going to go at it full on.”

He’s going to totally ROCK that disabled list, bro. Gonna convalesce at 110%.

1. sdelmonte - Jun 17, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Clearly, given the Yankees’ injury woes, this is a case of “once a Yankee, always a Yankee.”

2. r8rnuck - Jun 17, 2013 at 9:52 AM

WHATEVER BRO!

3. deathmonkey41 - Jun 17, 2013 at 10:29 AM

All those fist pumps finally took a toll on his shoulder. It’s a damn shame, I always liked the guy.

4. El Bravo - Jun 17, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Nice. Now he’ll be on TWO lists! AMIRITE?!?!?!?!?!?! HEYOOOOOOO!!!!!

• historiophiliac - Jun 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Speaking of, I hope the douchenozzle list gets updated after the Dodgers-Dbacks melee.

• El Bravo - Jun 17, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Man, I might need to let you helm the list for a bit while I dig myself out of this pile of work. Today is the first day in about 4 weeks I’ve had time to breathe! Why don’t you give me some suggestions and reasons for additions to the list and we’ll go from there!!

• historiophiliac - Jun 17, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Well, you’ll definitely have to add Ian Kennedy (headhunting). After that, you can probably get people to argue the rest of the day on who else to include. But, I vote for McGwire as well (coaches fighting). :)

5. pisano - Jun 18, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Well, at least the Yankees can say they did something right with free agent signings, they dodged a bullet by passing on Swisher. It’s always a crap shoot with free agents.

Three legends off to Cooperstown