Jun 17, 2013, 1:08 PM EDT
The Rangers have lost six in a row, lost their lead in the AL West and haven’t been scoring at all. Getting handcuffed by Chien-Ming Wang was apparently the last straw for Ron Washington, who held a team meeting after yesterday’s loss:
“I spoke to them, and the message is nobody’s business in this room — and I don’t mean to be disrespectful,” said Washington during his post-game press conference. “I just thought they needed to hear from the manager.”
The Rangers have a four-game set against the A’s starting today. It’s weird to call any series big in June — and the numbers and current level of play certainly favors the A’s leaving Texas still in the lead — but the Rangers can’t afford to fall too far behind.
Now if anyone can tell me what can possibly be said in a team meeting to make players play better, I’m all ears.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17