Jun 17, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
Starling Marte has been a major part of the Pirates’ impressive first half, batting .287/.355/.422 with 19 extra-base hits (six home runs), 19 RBI, and 20 stolen bases in 64 games coming into play tonight. But as this nifty diving catch in the third inning of tonight’s Pirates-Reds game demonstrates, he’s not too bad with the glove, either.
Brandon Phillips is used to making this type of robbery at second base, not being the victim. But he can surely appreciate some excellent glovework.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 221
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (221)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)