Jun 17, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
Starling Marte has been a major part of the Pirates’ impressive first half, batting .287/.355/.422 with 19 extra-base hits (six home runs), 19 RBI, and 20 stolen bases in 64 games coming into play tonight. But as this nifty diving catch in the third inning of tonight’s Pirates-Reds game demonstrates, he’s not too bad with the glove, either.
Brandon Phillips is used to making this type of robbery at second base, not being the victim. But he can surely appreciate some excellent glovework.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 20
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 36
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)