Jun 17, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
Starling Marte has been a major part of the Pirates’ impressive first half, batting .287/.355/.422 with 19 extra-base hits (six home runs), 19 RBI, and 20 stolen bases in 64 games coming into play tonight. But as this nifty diving catch in the third inning of tonight’s Pirates-Reds game demonstrates, he’s not too bad with the glove, either.
Brandon Phillips is used to making this type of robbery at second base, not being the victim. But he can surely appreciate some excellent glovework.
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 13
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 10
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 34
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)