Jun 17, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
OK, admittedly the elipses covers a TON of ground here. So much so that I’m clearly and juvenilely trying to make poop jokes out of this Oakland Coliseum thing. But A’s owner Lew Wolff did say those things to Bob Nightengale of USA Today.
Less juvenilely, Nightengale’s article is interesting beyond potty humor. Specifically, in it Wolff outlines past sewage incidents at the Coliseum, one as recently as this past Wednesday in a stadium restaurant. Nightengale also notes that, contrary to my and others constantly saying that Bud Selig’s blue ribbon committee on Oakland is still working, it did release something recently:
Major League Baseball, which hoped the A’s and Giants would somehow reach an agreement on their own, finally got a resolution from their blue ribbon committee. The committee submitted a set of guidelines to Wolff in February, and if he agreed to meet the requirements, a move could soon be underway.
Wolff won’t talk about the guidelines. Neither will the Giants. Or even Major League Baseball.
As Nightengale notes, the guidelines, whatever they are, clearly aren’t realistic and/or appealing or else something would have happened by now.
But it is worth noting for accuracy’s sake that the committee’s work is done and Major League Baseball’s failure to do anything about the A’s awful situation has entered a new and different era.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)