Jun 17, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
OK, admittedly the elipses covers a TON of ground here. So much so that I’m clearly and juvenilely trying to make poop jokes out of this Oakland Coliseum thing. But A’s owner Lew Wolff did say those things to Bob Nightengale of USA Today.
Less juvenilely, Nightengale’s article is interesting beyond potty humor. Specifically, in it Wolff outlines past sewage incidents at the Coliseum, one as recently as this past Wednesday in a stadium restaurant. Nightengale also notes that, contrary to my and others constantly saying that Bud Selig’s blue ribbon committee on Oakland is still working, it did release something recently:
Major League Baseball, which hoped the A’s and Giants would somehow reach an agreement on their own, finally got a resolution from their blue ribbon committee. The committee submitted a set of guidelines to Wolff in February, and if he agreed to meet the requirements, a move could soon be underway.
Wolff won’t talk about the guidelines. Neither will the Giants. Or even Major League Baseball.
As Nightengale notes, the guidelines, whatever they are, clearly aren’t realistic and/or appealing or else something would have happened by now.
But it is worth noting for accuracy’s sake that the committee’s work is done and Major League Baseball’s failure to do anything about the A’s awful situation has entered a new and different era.
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 32
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 77
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 25
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)