Jun 18, 2013, 7:34 PM EST
More injury issues here for the Toronto Blue Jays.
According to MLB.com’s Gregor Chisholm, right-hander Brandon Morrow suffered a minor setback Monday during his rehab debut with High-A Dunedin and has been sent back to Toronto to have his ailing forearm examined by the Blue Jays’ team doctors.
Morrow was placed on the 15-day disabled list on May 29 with a strained right forearm. The former top prospect had a rough 5.63 ERA and 1.49 WHIP in 64 1/3 innings this season before landing on the shelf.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)