Jun 18, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Late last night a bus carrying the Twins’ rookie-ball team “was involved in a wrong-way interstate crash in Florida that killed the driver of the other car,” according to the Associated Press.
According to police no one on the Elizabethton Twins’ team bus was injured, but the driver of a Honda that was “traveling south in the northbound lanes on Interstate 295 when it collided head-on with the bus” has died.
Twins president Dave St. Peter wrote on Twitter that “the bus driver saw the car coming and tried to pull over to the side of the road but was still hit by the car.”
FCN-TV reporter Jacob Long tweeted out a picture of the scene, which showed a second bus picking up the team following the accident.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 45
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 123
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 86
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (123)