Jun 18, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Late last night a bus carrying the Twins’ rookie-ball team “was involved in a wrong-way interstate crash in Florida that killed the driver of the other car,” according to the Associated Press.
According to police no one on the Elizabethton Twins’ team bus was injured, but the driver of a Honda that was “traveling south in the northbound lanes on Interstate 295 when it collided head-on with the bus” has died.
Twins president Dave St. Peter wrote on Twitter that “the bus driver saw the car coming and tried to pull over to the side of the road but was still hit by the car.”
FCN-TV reporter Jacob Long tweeted out a picture of the scene, which showed a second bus picking up the team following the accident.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 26
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 81
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (85)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (81)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)