Jun 18, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Late last night a bus carrying the Twins’ rookie-ball team “was involved in a wrong-way interstate crash in Florida that killed the driver of the other car,” according to the Associated Press.
According to police no one on the Elizabethton Twins’ team bus was injured, but the driver of a Honda that was “traveling south in the northbound lanes on Interstate 295 when it collided head-on with the bus” has died.
Twins president Dave St. Peter wrote on Twitter that “the bus driver saw the car coming and tried to pull over to the side of the road but was still hit by the car.”
FCN-TV reporter Jacob Long tweeted out a picture of the scene, which showed a second bus picking up the team following the accident.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)