Jun 18, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
After back-to-back terrible seasons the former Rookie of the Year winner was hitting .277 with a .742 OPS in 51 games to reestablish himself as a useful player when he was shut down on June 9.
There’s no timetable for his return, but the injury may mean a fourth straight season with fewer than 100 games played in the majors for Coghlan, who hit .321 in 128 games as a rookie in 2009.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 10
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 55
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 139
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (139)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)