Jun 18, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
After back-to-back terrible seasons the former Rookie of the Year winner was hitting .277 with a .742 OPS in 51 games to reestablish himself as a useful player when he was shut down on June 9.
There’s no timetable for his return, but the injury may mean a fourth straight season with fewer than 100 games played in the majors for Coghlan, who hit .321 in 128 games as a rookie in 2009.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 23
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 205
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (205)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)