Jun 18, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
After back-to-back terrible seasons the former Rookie of the Year winner was hitting .277 with a .742 OPS in 51 games to reestablish himself as a useful player when he was shut down on June 9.
There’s no timetable for his return, but the injury may mean a fourth straight season with fewer than 100 games played in the majors for Coghlan, who hit .321 in 128 games as a rookie in 2009.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 43
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 108
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)