Jun 18, 2013, 6:41 PM EDT
Span has fouled two different balls off his foot this month but has managed to avoid a major injury. He is starting in center field and batting leadoff on Tuesday against Phillies left-hander Cliff Lee.
Span, 29, has batted .256/.312/.349 with zero homers and seven stolen bases in 64 games this season for Washington. The .281/.353/.385 career hitter was acquired from the Twins this past winter for pitching prospect Alex Meyer.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)