Jun 18, 2013, 2:16 PM EST
Jon Hamm is a big St. Louis Cardinals fan and Ryan Fagan of The Sporting News talked to the “Mad Men” star about a bunch of baseball topics, including:
SN: Are you friends with any of the current Cardinals?
HAMM: I know a couple of them. I wouldn’t say “friends” but I’m text pals with (David) Freese and a couple of the guys on the team. I met them at various parties after they won the World Series, and when I did the DVD stuff. I wish I could get back to St. Louis and get to more games. With the unbalanced schedule, it’s harder and harder. They only come out one time to (Los Angeles). It’s a drag. I kind of don’t understand the unbalanced schedule, but that’s where we are.
So, to recap: Don Draper is “text pals” with David Freese and doesn’t like the unbalanced schedule.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 59
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)