Jun 18, 2013, 3:10 PM EDT
UPDATE: Forget it. Jason Heyward just reached on an infield single. A weird looking one as Harvey fielded the ball between the mound and first and then flipped it to … no one. Scored an infield hit, which makes sense considering that errors are rarely called on bad decisions by fielders — in this case on Lucas Duda not covering first — as much as they are by bad execution.
3:10 PM: Matt Harvey is absolutely dominating the Braves through the first six innings of today’s game.
Harvey has allowed no hits while walking two and striking out 12. His fastball has hit 100 miles per hour at times today. The Braves lineup is Upton-free and is also missing Evan Gattis and Brian McCann, but the way Harvey is throwing it doesn’t seem like anyone could hit him.
Unless they can’t. We’ll keep you posted as the next three innings progress.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)