Jun 18, 2013, 3:10 PM EDT
UPDATE: Forget it. Jason Heyward just reached on an infield single. A weird looking one as Harvey fielded the ball between the mound and first and then flipped it to … no one. Scored an infield hit, which makes sense considering that errors are rarely called on bad decisions by fielders — in this case on Lucas Duda not covering first — as much as they are by bad execution.
3:10 PM: Matt Harvey is absolutely dominating the Braves through the first six innings of today’s game.
Harvey has allowed no hits while walking two and striking out 12. His fastball has hit 100 miles per hour at times today. The Braves lineup is Upton-free and is also missing Evan Gattis and Brian McCann, but the way Harvey is throwing it doesn’t seem like anyone could hit him.
Unless they can’t. We’ll keep you posted as the next three innings progress.
- Cliff Lee exits start with apparent arm injury 0
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 125
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (125)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)