Jun 18, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Alex Cobb is on the seven-day concussion disabled list after being hit on the head by a line drive Saturday and manager Joe Maddon told Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times that there’s no timetable yet for the right-hander’s return to the Rays:
He’s feeling a little bit better, obviously not tremendously better. It’s one of those things that’s just going to take some time. My advice to him was to not try to really rush anything, just permit your body to tell you when you’re ready to do the next thing, and I think he’s pretty much accepted that thought.
Maddon added that he thinks “it’s going to be a long process,” which suggests Cobb’s stay on the DL will last well beyond seven days, and the manager was hesitant to talk about whether the team expects Cobb to pitch again this season.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)