Jun 18, 2013, 9:16 AM EST
As I mentioned in the recaps this morning, Giancarlo Stanton homered twice, notching two of the Marlins’ three hits in the process and all of their RBI. Just another day at the office for the Iron Giant.
But watching his two homers is better than reading the box score. Check out the video here.
The first one — which the AP box score lists as 394 feet but looked like it would’ve gone 500 if those pesky seats hadn’t gotten in the way — was impressive. The second one was laugh-worthy, as the announcer noted just before it went out that Heath Bell shook off Miguel Montero‘s sign and elected to go with a fastball.
Alternate — and much better — video of Heath Bell’s thought process here.
Since Stanton has come back from the DL he’s 11 for 28 with four homers and 10 RBI in seven games. That’ll play.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 0
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 33
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 4
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 29
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (134)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)