Jun 18, 2013, 9:16 AM EDT
As I mentioned in the recaps this morning, Giancarlo Stanton homered twice, notching two of the Marlins’ three hits in the process and all of their RBI. Just another day at the office for the Iron Giant.
But watching his two homers is better than reading the box score. Check out the video here.
The first one — which the AP box score lists as 394 feet but looked like it would’ve gone 500 if those pesky seats hadn’t gotten in the way — was impressive. The second one was laugh-worthy, as the announcer noted just before it went out that Heath Bell shook off Miguel Montero‘s sign and elected to go with a fastball.
Alternate — and much better — video of Heath Bell’s thought process here.
Since Stanton has come back from the DL he’s 11 for 28 with four homers and 10 RBI in seven games. That’ll play.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 13
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 24
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)