Jun 18, 2013, 9:16 AM EDT
As I mentioned in the recaps this morning, Giancarlo Stanton homered twice, notching two of the Marlins’ three hits in the process and all of their RBI. Just another day at the office for the Iron Giant.
But watching his two homers is better than reading the box score. Check out the video here.
The first one — which the AP box score lists as 394 feet but looked like it would’ve gone 500 if those pesky seats hadn’t gotten in the way — was impressive. The second one was laugh-worthy, as the announcer noted just before it went out that Heath Bell shook off Miguel Montero‘s sign and elected to go with a fastball.
Alternate — and much better — video of Heath Bell’s thought process here.
Since Stanton has come back from the DL he’s 11 for 28 with four homers and 10 RBI in seven games. That’ll play.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8