Jun 18, 2013, 9:16 AM EST
As I mentioned in the recaps this morning, Giancarlo Stanton homered twice, notching two of the Marlins’ three hits in the process and all of their RBI. Just another day at the office for the Iron Giant.
But watching his two homers is better than reading the box score. Check out the video here.
The first one — which the AP box score lists as 394 feet but looked like it would’ve gone 500 if those pesky seats hadn’t gotten in the way — was impressive. The second one was laugh-worthy, as the announcer noted just before it went out that Heath Bell shook off Miguel Montero‘s sign and elected to go with a fastball.
Alternate — and much better — video of Heath Bell’s thought process here.
Since Stanton has come back from the DL he’s 11 for 28 with four homers and 10 RBI in seven games. That’ll play.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 26
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)