Jun 18, 2013, 9:16 AM EST
As I mentioned in the recaps this morning, Giancarlo Stanton homered twice, notching two of the Marlins’ three hits in the process and all of their RBI. Just another day at the office for the Iron Giant.
But watching his two homers is better than reading the box score. Check out the video here.
The first one — which the AP box score lists as 394 feet but looked like it would’ve gone 500 if those pesky seats hadn’t gotten in the way — was impressive. The second one was laugh-worthy, as the announcer noted just before it went out that Heath Bell shook off Miguel Montero‘s sign and elected to go with a fastball.
Alternate — and much better — video of Heath Bell’s thought process here.
Since Stanton has come back from the DL he’s 11 for 28 with four homers and 10 RBI in seven games. That’ll play.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)