Jun 19, 2013, 2:40 PM EST
The San Francisco Chronicle spoke to some officials from Oakland who are not at all happy at the A’s and the rest of the world portraying the Coliseum as an antiquated dump. The story from Chris Wright, the general manager of the Coliseum:
Wright, however, said there was nothing structurally wrong with the Coliseum’s plumbing … The problem Sunday, he said, was that someone jammed something down a toilet that didn’t belong, clogging a line. The line has been cleared and it’s undamaged, he said.
Call me crazy, but if your system is such that one person cramming something down one of the many hundreds of toilets in the stadium can lead to rivers of sewage, yes, you do have something wrong with your plumbing over and above that which was crammed down a toilet.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)