Jun 19, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
The San Francisco Chronicle spoke to some officials from Oakland who are not at all happy at the A’s and the rest of the world portraying the Coliseum as an antiquated dump. The story from Chris Wright, the general manager of the Coliseum:
Wright, however, said there was nothing structurally wrong with the Coliseum’s plumbing … The problem Sunday, he said, was that someone jammed something down a toilet that didn’t belong, clogging a line. The line has been cleared and it’s undamaged, he said.
Call me crazy, but if your system is such that one person cramming something down one of the many hundreds of toilets in the stadium can lead to rivers of sewage, yes, you do have something wrong with your plumbing over and above that which was crammed down a toilet.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 65
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 66
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29