Jun 19, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
The San Francisco Chronicle spoke to some officials from Oakland who are not at all happy at the A’s and the rest of the world portraying the Coliseum as an antiquated dump. The story from Chris Wright, the general manager of the Coliseum:
Wright, however, said there was nothing structurally wrong with the Coliseum’s plumbing … The problem Sunday, he said, was that someone jammed something down a toilet that didn’t belong, clogging a line. The line has been cleared and it’s undamaged, he said.
Call me crazy, but if your system is such that one person cramming something down one of the many hundreds of toilets in the stadium can lead to rivers of sewage, yes, you do have something wrong with your plumbing over and above that which was crammed down a toilet.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 10
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)