Jun 19, 2013, 3:24 PM EDT
Jon Paul Morosi spoke with Bud Selig about a few things today. This one came up:
Bud Selig said the only thing that could change separate DH rule would be “significant geographic realignment.”
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) June 19, 2013
I assume that this means radical realignment that would cause multiple teams to switch leagues. Unless there is some geographic divide on the DH I’m unaware of. Like, you think we Midwesterners are go-along, get-along types until you try to take our designated hitters from us at which point it’s war.
I give this a “meh.” As I’ve said before, I prefer life without the DH, but I am realistic and think that the better course for baseball is to make it uniform. And no matter what Bud says, I think it’s far more likely that the owners will give the players a universal DH — designated hitters, on average, make more money, you see — in exchange for some concession during a collective bargaining session as opposed to this being some function of a realignment scheme.
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 7
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 50
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 88
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (88)