Jun 19, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
According to Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune, the ace left-hander is scheduled to begin a minor league rehab assignment on Friday with the High-A Charlotte Stone Crabs. The Rays aren’t mapping out an exact timetable for their ace, but he shouldn’t have to make more than three total appearances on the farm as long as he is feeling good physically.
Price has been on the disabled list since May 15. He won the American League Cy Young Award in 2012 after posting an outstanding 2.56 ERA, 1.10 WHIP and 205/59 K/BB ratio in 211 innings (31 starts).
The 27-year-old had a 5.24 ERA and 1.44 WHIP in 55 innings this year before hitting the shelf.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 36
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 68
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 118
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 108
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (118)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)