Jun 19, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
According to Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune, the ace left-hander is scheduled to begin a minor league rehab assignment on Friday with the High-A Charlotte Stone Crabs. The Rays aren’t mapping out an exact timetable for their ace, but he shouldn’t have to make more than three total appearances on the farm as long as he is feeling good physically.
Price has been on the disabled list since May 15. He won the American League Cy Young Award in 2012 after posting an outstanding 2.56 ERA, 1.10 WHIP and 205/59 K/BB ratio in 211 innings (31 starts).
The 27-year-old had a 5.24 ERA and 1.44 WHIP in 55 innings this year before hitting the shelf.
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 19
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 62
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)