Jun 19, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
According to Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune, the ace left-hander is scheduled to begin a minor league rehab assignment on Friday with the High-A Charlotte Stone Crabs. The Rays aren’t mapping out an exact timetable for their ace, but he shouldn’t have to make more than three total appearances on the farm as long as he is feeling good physically.
Price has been on the disabled list since May 15. He won the American League Cy Young Award in 2012 after posting an outstanding 2.56 ERA, 1.10 WHIP and 205/59 K/BB ratio in 211 innings (31 starts).
The 27-year-old had a 5.24 ERA and 1.44 WHIP in 55 innings this year before hitting the shelf.
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 0
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 14
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 5
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 4
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 32
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (116)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)