David Price to begin rehab assignment on Friday

Jun 19, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT

david price mound getty Getty Images

David Price felt “great” after a bullpen session on Tuesday and has now been cleared to take a major step in his recovery from a strained left triceps.

According to Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune, the ace left-hander is scheduled to begin a minor league rehab assignment on Friday with the High-A Charlotte Stone Crabs. The Rays aren’t mapping out an exact timetable for their ace, but he shouldn’t have to make more than three total appearances on the farm as long as he is feeling good physically.

Price has been on the disabled list since May 15. He won the American League Cy Young Award in 2012 after posting an outstanding 2.56 ERA, 1.10 WHIP and 205/59 K/BB ratio in 211 innings (31 starts).

The 27-year-old had a 5.24 ERA and 1.44 WHIP in 55 innings this year before hitting the shelf.

1. tellyspop - Jun 20, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I thought we changed his last name to “Press”? The new jerseys I ordered just came in.

2. tellyspop - Jun 20, 2013 at 10:06 AM

How is this a Top Post with one comment, mine? Thanks for the luv, but dot.comeon!

3. tellyspop - Jun 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Surely, posts with Dickey, Wang & Johnson deserve more credit. I would like to see Randy “Johnson” come out of retirement and sign with the Jays, then they would engorge us with the “Big Unit.” The Jays then could have a huge promotion, circumcision night!

4. tellyspop - Jun 20, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Why did you not post his won-loss record? Wins are meaningless, right?

“Coach, let’s talk about your record.
    What do you want to talk about my record for? I didn’t know she was 15, she looked 17 to me, besides I done my time.
    No No, coach, your won-loss record!

OK then.”

5. tellyspop - Jun 20, 2013 at 10:29 AM

This is like being the Ark of the Covenant hidden in plain sight in an obscure corner of the Smithsonian. Pure greatness, but no one knows I am here.

You are always whining and complaining
    Mind your own business
    Mom always liked you better “cause you could write
    Shut up
    No you shut up
    No you shut up

My split personalities arguing.

6. tellyspop - Jun 20, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I will be going up to the Regency Inn in Jacksonville for shows nightly and three shows on the weekend. Then on to the Silver Fox for the late, late show. With an escort of course.

Red Sox shopping Lester and Lackey