Jun 19, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
Less than a month after rejoining the Red Sox following a concussion catcher David Ross is back on the seven-day concussion disabled list with a second brain injury.
Ross took a foul tip to the catcher’s mask in Friday’s game and manager John Farrell explained yesterday:
He’s still having symptoms with the concussion. The foul tip the other day in Baltimore kind of brought some of those symptoms back.
Not good. Ross missed two weeks with his first concussion, but it’s hard to imagine him coming back that quickly this time around.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8