Jun 19, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
Jon Paul Morosi sat down with Astros starter Bud Norris. Norris knows the score: he plays for the Astros and, while the Astros are mildly exceeding expectations, he is clearly a guy they will consider trading for prospects at the deadline. And Norris makes no secret of where he’d like to end up: with the Giants, a team which Morosi notes is likely to be in the market for a starter:
“It gives you goose bumps when you think about it … Obviously growing up there, being a big Giants fan — and I rooted for the A’s, too, in the area, but I was more of a Giants fan. That’s a possibility. It’s all trade rumors, as they say. But if it were to happen, it would be a dream come true for me to play for my childhood team.”
Breaking: the City of San Jose immediately sued Norris for not mentioning them, causing them to lose all manner of benefits by not being associated with a major league ballplayer.
Anyway, Norris does note that it’s all out of his control and every rumor you hear about who is looking for pitching is just that: a rumor. But it’s rare to hear a guy talking about how much he’d like to play for a particular team.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27