Jun 19, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Jon Paul Morosi sat down with Astros starter Bud Norris. Norris knows the score: he plays for the Astros and, while the Astros are mildly exceeding expectations, he is clearly a guy they will consider trading for prospects at the deadline. And Norris makes no secret of where he’d like to end up: with the Giants, a team which Morosi notes is likely to be in the market for a starter:
“It gives you goose bumps when you think about it … Obviously growing up there, being a big Giants fan — and I rooted for the A’s, too, in the area, but I was more of a Giants fan. That’s a possibility. It’s all trade rumors, as they say. But if it were to happen, it would be a dream come true for me to play for my childhood team.”
Breaking: the City of San Jose immediately sued Norris for not mentioning them, causing them to lose all manner of benefits by not being associated with a major league ballplayer.
Anyway, Norris does note that it’s all out of his control and every rumor you hear about who is looking for pitching is just that: a rumor. But it’s rare to hear a guy talking about how much he’d like to play for a particular team.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)