Jun 19, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Joe Torre’s daughter, 44-year-old Christina Torre, was walking down the street in Brooklyn when she spotted a 1-year-old baby hanging from a storefront awning.
Here’s what happened next, according to the New York Daily News:
Suddenly, the child dropped–but he landed safely in Torre’s outstretched arms, the sources and witnesses said. “The woman caught the baby,” said Kristen Bramsen, 48. “The baby was shaken. Everyone was going up to the woman and hugging her. I hugged her.” …
Cops later determined that the little boy slipped through a piece of cardboard placed next to an air conditioning unit in the window of the family’s second-floor home, sources said.
Police told the newspaper that the baby’s parents could be charged with endangering the welfare of a child and the couple’s three other kids, all of whom are five or younger, were taken by children’s services.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 13
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 43
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 92
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)