Jun 19, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Joe Torre’s daughter, 44-year-old Christina Torre, was walking down the street in Brooklyn when she spotted a 1-year-old baby hanging from a storefront awning.
Here’s what happened next, according to the New York Daily News:
Suddenly, the child dropped–but he landed safely in Torre’s outstretched arms, the sources and witnesses said. “The woman caught the baby,” said Kristen Bramsen, 48. “The baby was shaken. Everyone was going up to the woman and hugging her. I hugged her.” …
Cops later determined that the little boy slipped through a piece of cardboard placed next to an air conditioning unit in the window of the family’s second-floor home, sources said.
Police told the newspaper that the baby’s parents could be charged with endangering the welfare of a child and the couple’s three other kids, all of whom are five or younger, were taken by children’s services.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)