Jun 19, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
Joe Torre’s daughter, 44-year-old Christina Torre, was walking down the street in Brooklyn when she spotted a 1-year-old baby hanging from a storefront awning.
Here’s what happened next, according to the New York Daily News:
Suddenly, the child dropped–but he landed safely in Torre’s outstretched arms, the sources and witnesses said. “The woman caught the baby,” said Kristen Bramsen, 48. “The baby was shaken. Everyone was going up to the woman and hugging her. I hugged her.” …
Cops later determined that the little boy slipped through a piece of cardboard placed next to an air conditioning unit in the window of the family’s second-floor home, sources said.
Police told the newspaper that the baby’s parents could be charged with endangering the welfare of a child and the couple’s three other kids, all of whom are five or younger, were taken by children’s services.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)