Jun 19, 2013, 10:54 PM EDT
Jose Reyes could rejoin the Jays on Monday.
Shi Davidi of Canada’s Sportsnet reports that the Toronto shortstop will shift his minor league rehab assignment from High-A Dunedin to Triple-A Buffalo this Friday night, putting him one small step away from returning to the active major league roster.
Reyes has been on the disabled list since April 12 because of a severe ankle sprain. He was 5-for-12 with one stolen base and three runs scored during his three-game stay with the Dunedin Blue Jays.
The 30-year-old should be cleared for activation after putting in three more rehab games (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) at the Triple-A level.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 10
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 156
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39