Jun 19, 2013, 10:54 PM EDT
Jose Reyes could rejoin the Jays on Monday.
Shi Davidi of Canada’s Sportsnet reports that the Toronto shortstop will shift his minor league rehab assignment from High-A Dunedin to Triple-A Buffalo this Friday night, putting him one small step away from returning to the active major league roster.
Reyes has been on the disabled list since April 12 because of a severe ankle sprain. He was 5-for-12 with one stolen base and three runs scored during his three-game stay with the Dunedin Blue Jays.
The 30-year-old should be cleared for activation after putting in three more rehab games (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) at the Triple-A level.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)