Jun 19, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton struck out twice and grounded into three double plays in the Angels’ 3-2 loss to the Mariners on Tuesday and is now sporting a putrid .213/.269/.388 batting line through 69 games this season. So some changes are being made.
Hamilton will bat seventh Wednesday as the Halos take on the M’s for the third game of a four-game set. It’s the first time he has hit there with Anaheim and just the 20th time he has hit seventh in his career. Mark Trumbo is at cleanup, Howie Kendrick is batting fifth and Alberto Callaspo will hit sixth.
Hamilton has 10 home runs in 294 plate appearances this season but he also has 73 strikeouts.
The 32-year-old outfielder signed a five-year, $125 million free agent contract with Anaheim this winter.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 24
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 83
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (85)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)