Jun 19, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton struck out twice and grounded into three double plays in the Angels’ 3-2 loss to the Mariners on Tuesday and is now sporting a putrid .213/.269/.388 batting line through 69 games this season. So some changes are being made.
Hamilton will bat seventh Wednesday as the Halos take on the M’s for the third game of a four-game set. It’s the first time he has hit there with Anaheim and just the 20th time he has hit seventh in his career. Mark Trumbo is at cleanup, Howie Kendrick is batting fifth and Alberto Callaspo will hit sixth.
Hamilton has 10 home runs in 294 plate appearances this season but he also has 73 strikeouts.
The 32-year-old outfielder signed a five-year, $125 million free agent contract with Anaheim this winter.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)