Jun 19, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton struck out twice and grounded into three double plays in the Angels’ 3-2 loss to the Mariners on Tuesday and is now sporting a putrid .213/.269/.388 batting line through 69 games this season. So some changes are being made.
Hamilton will bat seventh Wednesday as the Halos take on the M’s for the third game of a four-game set. It’s the first time he has hit there with Anaheim and just the 20th time he has hit seventh in his career. Mark Trumbo is at cleanup, Howie Kendrick is batting fifth and Alberto Callaspo will hit sixth.
Hamilton has 10 home runs in 294 plate appearances this season but he also has 73 strikeouts.
The 32-year-old outfielder signed a five-year, $125 million free agent contract with Anaheim this winter.
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 7
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 16
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)