Jun 19, 2013, 2:20 PM EST
Everth Cabrera is in the midst of a breakout year as the Padres’ starting shortstop, hitting .305 with an .800 OPS and MLB-leading 31 stolen bases in 69 games, but now he’s headed to the disabled list.
Cabrera strained his hamstring Sunday while attempting a stolen base and the Padres have classified the injury as “mild.”
Alexi Amarista and Pedro Ciriaco–who was acquired from the Red Sox last week–are the fill-in options at shortstop as Cabrera joins fellow regulars Cameron Maybin, Yonder Alonso, and Jedd Gyorko on the DL.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)