Jun 19, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
Indians outfielder Nick Swisher has not appeared in a game since June 15 due to soreness in his left shoulder. But he is apparently feeling much better.
From Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer comes word that Swisher is tentatively scheduled to return to the Indians’ starting lineup this Saturday against the Twins. He will take batting practice on Friday to be sure that his shoulder is sound.
Swisher is batting .237/.337/.402 with seven home runs and 24 RBI in 61 games this season for the Tribe. He signed a four-year, $56 million free agent contract in early January that also includes a $14 million vesting option for 2017.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 46
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 98
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)