Jun 19, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
Indians outfielder Nick Swisher has not appeared in a game since June 15 due to soreness in his left shoulder. But he is apparently feeling much better.
From Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer comes word that Swisher is tentatively scheduled to return to the Indians’ starting lineup this Saturday against the Twins. He will take batting practice on Friday to be sure that his shoulder is sound.
Swisher is batting .237/.337/.402 with seven home runs and 24 RBI in 61 games this season for the Tribe. He signed a four-year, $56 million free agent contract in early January that also includes a $14 million vesting option for 2017.
- Report: Mets “pushing very hard” for Carlos Gomez 10
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 38
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 66
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)