Jun 19, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Minnesota was linked to Stewart throughout the draft process and several reports suggested that the Twins would have taken him even if one of the consensus top three college players–Mark Appel, Jonathan Gray, Kris Bryant–fell to them.
Stewart figures to begin his pro career in rookie-ball and a reasonable ETA in the majors is 2017 or so. If you’re interested in more about Stewart and the Twins, check out my lengthy write-up of the pick from the night of the draft.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (223)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)