Jun 19, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Minnesota was linked to Stewart throughout the draft process and several reports suggested that the Twins would have taken him even if one of the consensus top three college players–Mark Appel, Jonathan Gray, Kris Bryant–fell to them.
Stewart figures to begin his pro career in rookie-ball and a reasonable ETA in the majors is 2017 or so. If you’re interested in more about Stewart and the Twins, check out my lengthy write-up of the pick from the night of the draft.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)