Jun 19, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Minnesota was linked to Stewart throughout the draft process and several reports suggested that the Twins would have taken him even if one of the consensus top three college players–Mark Appel, Jonathan Gray, Kris Bryant–fell to them.
Stewart figures to begin his pro career in rookie-ball and a reasonable ETA in the majors is 2017 or so. If you’re interested in more about Stewart and the Twins, check out my lengthy write-up of the pick from the night of the draft.
- Report: Astros to acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 0
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 7
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 59
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 110
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (110)