Jun 19, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Minnesota was linked to Stewart throughout the draft process and several reports suggested that the Twins would have taken him even if one of the consensus top three college players–Mark Appel, Jonathan Gray, Kris Bryant–fell to them.
Stewart figures to begin his pro career in rookie-ball and a reasonable ETA in the majors is 2017 or so. If you’re interested in more about Stewart and the Twins, check out my lengthy write-up of the pick from the night of the draft.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)