Jun 19, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Minnesota was linked to Stewart throughout the draft process and several reports suggested that the Twins would have taken him even if one of the consensus top three college players–Mark Appel, Jonathan Gray, Kris Bryant–fell to them.
Stewart figures to begin his pro career in rookie-ball and a reasonable ETA in the majors is 2017 or so. If you’re interested in more about Stewart and the Twins, check out my lengthy write-up of the pick from the night of the draft.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 23
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 82
- The Lester trade is a win-win 110
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 92
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (110)