Jun 19, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT
This could either be great fun or a total disaster:
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) June 18, 2013
Since the Dodgers are on the east coast Scully isn’t travelling with the team and will presumably be watching on TV along with us.
On the one hand I’m sorta worried that Scully and Twitter aren’t exactly made for each other. The joy of Scully’s commentary comes partially for the pleasure of hearing his voice and the fact that his descriptions of game action are brief and succinct. That sort of thing will likely come off flat on Twitter if he tries to do play-by-play. Meanwhile, the joy of his non-play-by-play-commentary — stories and player background and things — comes from the fact that he can weave them in nicely with the game action. That doesn’t exactly jibe with Twitter’s 140-character limit.
On the other hand: I have this feeling that the Dodgers know this and are going to have someone transcribing what Scully says, thereby increasing the odds that it’s nicely polished.
Either way, it should be interesting.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)