Jun 19, 2013, 9:43 AM EST
This could either be great fun or a total disaster:
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) June 18, 2013
Since the Dodgers are on the east coast Scully isn’t travelling with the team and will presumably be watching on TV along with us.
On the one hand I’m sorta worried that Scully and Twitter aren’t exactly made for each other. The joy of Scully’s commentary comes partially for the pleasure of hearing his voice and the fact that his descriptions of game action are brief and succinct. That sort of thing will likely come off flat on Twitter if he tries to do play-by-play. Meanwhile, the joy of his non-play-by-play-commentary — stories and player background and things — comes from the fact that he can weave them in nicely with the game action. That doesn’t exactly jibe with Twitter’s 140-character limit.
On the other hand: I have this feeling that the Dodgers know this and are going to have someone transcribing what Scully says, thereby increasing the odds that it’s nicely polished.
Either way, it should be interesting.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 69
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 122
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 83
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history (124)