Jun 19, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT
This could either be great fun or a total disaster:
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) June 18, 2013
Since the Dodgers are on the east coast Scully isn’t travelling with the team and will presumably be watching on TV along with us.
On the one hand I’m sorta worried that Scully and Twitter aren’t exactly made for each other. The joy of Scully’s commentary comes partially for the pleasure of hearing his voice and the fact that his descriptions of game action are brief and succinct. That sort of thing will likely come off flat on Twitter if he tries to do play-by-play. Meanwhile, the joy of his non-play-by-play-commentary — stories and player background and things — comes from the fact that he can weave them in nicely with the game action. That doesn’t exactly jibe with Twitter’s 140-character limit.
On the other hand: I have this feeling that the Dodgers know this and are going to have someone transcribing what Scully says, thereby increasing the odds that it’s nicely polished.
Either way, it should be interesting.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)