Jun 19, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT
This could either be great fun or a total disaster:
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) June 18, 2013
Since the Dodgers are on the east coast Scully isn’t travelling with the team and will presumably be watching on TV along with us.
On the one hand I’m sorta worried that Scully and Twitter aren’t exactly made for each other. The joy of Scully’s commentary comes partially for the pleasure of hearing his voice and the fact that his descriptions of game action are brief and succinct. That sort of thing will likely come off flat on Twitter if he tries to do play-by-play. Meanwhile, the joy of his non-play-by-play-commentary — stories and player background and things — comes from the fact that he can weave them in nicely with the game action. That doesn’t exactly jibe with Twitter’s 140-character limit.
On the other hand: I have this feeling that the Dodgers know this and are going to have someone transcribing what Scully says, thereby increasing the odds that it’s nicely polished.
Either way, it should be interesting.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)