Jun 20, 2013, 11:02 AM EST
Yesterday we learned that Manny Ramirez is leaving his team in Taiwan and has travelled to Japan. There were mixed reports as to whether he had a contract to play for a Japanese team. Jesse Sanchez reports, however, that he does not:
Source tells me Manny Ramirez does not have a job in Japan & is exploring all opps there. Yes, he’s hopes one MLB team will give him a shot.
— Jesse Sanchez (@JesseSanchezMLB) June 20, 2013
The Yankees should totally do it. I know it would create a media poop-storm, but give me one baseball-specific reason why they shouldn’t give him a minor league deal and see if he can still hit major league pitching. Tell me with a straight face that he isn’t a better option than Vernon Wells. Don’t give me any crap about how the Yankees don’t need a PED guy joining the team when they got A-Rod rehabbing in Tampa.
MAKE IT HAPPEN BRIAN CASHMAN!
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 9
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)