Jun 20, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
Yesterday we learned that Manny Ramirez is leaving his team in Taiwan and has travelled to Japan. There were mixed reports as to whether he had a contract to play for a Japanese team. Jesse Sanchez reports, however, that he does not:
Source tells me Manny Ramirez does not have a job in Japan & is exploring all opps there. Yes, he’s hopes one MLB team will give him a shot.
— Jesse Sanchez (@JesseSanchezMLB) June 20, 2013
The Yankees should totally do it. I know it would create a media poop-storm, but give me one baseball-specific reason why they shouldn’t give him a minor league deal and see if he can still hit major league pitching. Tell me with a straight face that he isn’t a better option than Vernon Wells. Don’t give me any crap about how the Yankees don’t need a PED guy joining the team when they got A-Rod rehabbing in Tampa.
MAKE IT HAPPEN BRIAN CASHMAN!
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a serious Achilles injury Saturday night 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)