Jun 20, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
Yesterday we learned that Manny Ramirez is leaving his team in Taiwan and has travelled to Japan. There were mixed reports as to whether he had a contract to play for a Japanese team. Jesse Sanchez reports, however, that he does not:
Source tells me Manny Ramirez does not have a job in Japan & is exploring all opps there. Yes, he’s hopes one MLB team will give him a shot.
— Jesse Sanchez (@JesseSanchezMLB) June 20, 2013
The Yankees should totally do it. I know it would create a media poop-storm, but give me one baseball-specific reason why they shouldn’t give him a minor league deal and see if he can still hit major league pitching. Tell me with a straight face that he isn’t a better option than Vernon Wells. Don’t give me any crap about how the Yankees don’t need a PED guy joining the team when they got A-Rod rehabbing in Tampa.
MAKE IT HAPPEN BRIAN CASHMAN!
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)