Jun 20, 2013, 11:02 AM EST
Yesterday we learned that Manny Ramirez is leaving his team in Taiwan and has travelled to Japan. There were mixed reports as to whether he had a contract to play for a Japanese team. Jesse Sanchez reports, however, that he does not:
Source tells me Manny Ramirez does not have a job in Japan & is exploring all opps there. Yes, he’s hopes one MLB team will give him a shot.
— Jesse Sanchez (@JesseSanchezMLB) June 20, 2013
The Yankees should totally do it. I know it would create a media poop-storm, but give me one baseball-specific reason why they shouldn’t give him a minor league deal and see if he can still hit major league pitching. Tell me with a straight face that he isn’t a better option than Vernon Wells. Don’t give me any crap about how the Yankees don’t need a PED guy joining the team when they got A-Rod rehabbing in Tampa.
MAKE IT HAPPEN BRIAN CASHMAN!
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)